Reverse Traceroute and Newsgroups Diagnostics Tool
Giganews Usenet users can utilize the tools provided to view the network path between Giganews' Usenet servers and their computer, search for their favorite newsgroup, or improve their overall performance with Giganews.
The Giganews Accelerator is a software-based news proxy which will allow you to compress headers and enable 256-bit SSL encryption, regardless of whether or not SSL is supported natively by your news client. All authentication and commands are also encrypted, whether or not you have a Giganews SSL-enabled account, which allows you to help improve security avoid traffic shaping. Download the Giganews Accelerator to get the most out of your Usenet experience.
Are you wondering if Giganews carries your favorite newsgroup? Use our newsgroup search utility below to search Giganews' newsgroup list. You can also browse text newsgroups by selecting one of the hierarchies or alphabetical links listed below.
- Computer-related discussions
- Literature, religion, history, etc.
- Any newsgroup that doesn't belong in another hierarchy
- Discussions regarding Usenet itself (creation/removal of newsgroups, abuse issues, etc.)
- Discussions regarding recreation of all types
- Discussions of scientific topics
- Current events & societal issues, as well as simple socializing ("chatting")
- Discussions of sensitive topics; newsgroups here tend to include very lively debates, where soc.* is more casual