Windows XP OpenVPN Setup Instructions using OpenVPN GUI
Please note that Giganews offers limited support for this configuration. Setup instructions are provided as-is with no guarantee of functionality.
- Download the latest version of the OpenVPN GUI software here: https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html
- Install the application.
- Download the VyprVPN .opvn files from here and unzip the folder.
- Navigate to the OpenVPN install directory. By default this will be either C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenVPN or C:/Program Files/OpenVPN.
- Open the "Config" folder in the OpenVPN folder.
- Move the contents of the .zip file you downloaded from our site into the "Config" folder.
- Locate the OpenVPN software icon that should be on the desktop.
- Right-click the icon and choose "Run as..." and choose the Administrator account.
- The OpenVPN GUI icon should appear in the system tray at the bottom right-hand side of the screen. Note: you may need to expand the system tray to see it.
- Right-click the OpenVPN GUI icon. You will see the server locations listed.
- Hover the mouse over the server location you want to connect to and click "Connect."
- Momentarily, you will be prompted to enter your credentials. This is your Giganews username and password.
- The software will connect. The icon in the system tray will turn green if successfully connected.
- You can check your IP here: https://www.goldenfrog.com/whatismyipaddress