VyprVPN General FAQ
General VyprVPN Questions
What are the VyprVPN server settings?
VyprVPN server addresses:
VyprVPN Server Hostname Los Angeles, CA us1.vpn.giganews.com Washington, DC us2.vpn.giganews.com Austin, TX us3.vpn.giganews.com Miami, FL us4.vpn.giganews.com New York City, NY us5.vpn.giganews.com Chicago, IL us6.vpn.giganews.com San Francisco, CA us7.vpn.giganews.com Seattle, WA us8.vpn.giganews.com Toronto ca1.vpn.giganews.com Amsterdam eu1.vpn.giganews.com Stockholm se1.vpn.giganews.com Hong Kong hk1.vpn.giganews.com London uk1.vpn.giganews.com Paris fr1.vpn.giganews.com Frankfurt de1.vpn.giganews.com Copenhagen dk1.vpn.giganews.com Zurich ch1.vpn.giganews.com Moscow ru1.vpn.giganews.com Luxembourg lu1.vpn.giganews.com Bucharest ro1.vpn.giganews.com Singapore sg1.vpn.giganews.com Dublin ie1.vpn.giganews.com Kuala Lumpur my1.vpn.giganews.com Rome it1.vpn.giganews.com Madrid es1.vpn.giganews.com Tokyo jp1.vpn.giganews.com Seoul kr1.vpn.giganews.com Oslo no1.vpn.giganews.com Istanbul tr1.vpn.giganews.com Helsinki fi1.vpn.giganews.com Warsaw pl1.vpn.giganews.com Lisbon pt1.vpn.giganews.com Prague cz1.vpn.giganews.com Vienna at1.vpn.giganews.com Brussels be1.vpn.giganews.com Vilnius lt1.vpn.giganews.com Sydney au1.vpn.giganews.com Melbourne au2.vpn.giganews.com Perth au3.vpn.giganews.com Jakarta id1.vpn.giganews.com Auckland nz1.vpn.giganews.com Hanoi vn1.vpn.giganews.com Bangkok th1.vpn.giganews.com Reykjavík is1.vpn.giganews.com Manila ph1.vpn.giganews.com São Paulo br1.vpn.giganews.com Mexico City mx1.vpn.giganews.com Buenos Aires ar1.vpn.giganews.com Bogotá co1.vpn.giganews.com San José cr1.vpn.giganews.com Panama City pa1.vpn.giganews.com Taipei tw1.vpn.giganews.com Manama bh1.vpn.giganews.com Doha qa1.vpn.giganews.com Riyadh sa1.vpn.giganews.com Mumbai in1.vpn.giganews.com Dubai ae1.vpn.giganews.com Tel Aviv il1.vpn.giganews.com Sofia bg1.vpn.giganews.com Schaan li1.vpn.giganews.com Algiers dz1.vpn.giganews.com Cairo eg1.vpn.giganews.com San Salvador sv1.vpn.giganews.com Athens gr1.vpn.giganews.com Riga lv1.vpn.giganews.com Male mv1.vpn.giganews.com Majuro mh1.vpn.giganews.com Macao mo1.vpn.giganews.com Karachi pk1.vpn.giganews.com Bratislava sk1.vpn.giganews.com Ljubljana si1.vpn.giganews.com Kiev ua1.vpn.giganews.com Montevideo uy1.vpn.giganews.com
What is VyprVPN?
VPN stands for "Virtual Private Network". A VPN connection creates an encrypted tunnel between your device and our VPN servers. When a VyprVPN connection is made, all of your Internet traffic is forwarded from your device to the VyprVPN servers using 128-bit, 160-bit or 256-bit SSL encryption. As a result, your Internet traffic is secure. This protects your online data from hackers. It also prevents network providers between you and the VyprVPN server from engaging in traffic shaping.
How can I get VyprVPN?
Diamond and Platinum memberships automatically include VyprVPN. All Diamond memberships have access to PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN and 2 VyprVPN connections. Platinum memberships include PPTP and 1 VyprVPN connection.
What is NAT Firewall?
NAT Firewall blocks a range of hacker attacks from reaching your computer when you are connected to VyprVPN.Learn More About NAT Firewall
Why doesn't my IP address change when connected to VyprVPN on Mac OS X?
Operating Systems Affected: Mac OS X
This issue is caused by a setting in the VPN configuration.
To resolve this issue:
- Click on the Apple Menu
- Click System Preferences
- Click Network
- Click on the VPN connection
- Click Advanced
- Check the box in Send All Traffic
This will route all traffic through the VyprVPN connection.
Why doesn't email work when connected with VyprVPN?
Some Internet Service Providers restrict access to their email server only to their IP address range. When connected with VyprVPN, you appear to have a VyprVPN IP address.
To resolve this issue, contact your ISP and ask them how to check your email from a remote location. You may also review their FAQ to see if there are instructions on how to setup email to work from a remote location.
Why am I getting inbound connections and scans when accessing VyprVPN?
When you connect to VyprVPN, you get a dedicated tunnel to the Internet, bypassing your router's protections from inbound connections. In our efforts to allow true unrestricted access to the Internet, we are not blocking any inbound connections. We encourage all of our customers to run their operating system firewalls and virus scanning software.
We also offer NAT Firewall to prevent these inbound connections. NAT Firewall is included for all Diamond Memberships.
VyprVPN Mobile Apps
What Devices are supported by the VyprVPN Mobile Apps?
VyprVPN for Android is compatible with devices running Android 4.0 or greater.
VyprVPN for iOS is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch running iOS 5.1 or greater.Learn More About the VyprVPN Mobile Apps
Where can I Download the VyprVPN Mobile Apps?
VyprVPN for Android is a free download from Google Play.
VyprVPN for iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) is a free download from the App Store.
What are the VyprVPN for iOS features?
VyprVPN for iOS secures your Internet connection on your iPhone or iPad. Whether checking email, browsing the web or using iOS apps, VyprVPN encrypts your Internet connection to secure your personal information from hackers and data sniffers.
VyprVPN for iOS Features:
- Manually connect or disconnect VyprVPN with a single swipe.
- Filter by region or country and add VPN servers to your favorites for easy access.
- Ping test the VyprVPN servers to find the fastest server.
- View your server location, throughput and IP address.
- Automatic reconnect option for dropped VPN connections.
What are the VyprVPN for Android Features?
Connect to any VyprVPN global server location with a single click. No manual setup required! Use the VyprVPN App to view your server location, throughput, and time connected.
- Easily connect to VyprVPN with a single tap
- Filter by region or country and add VPN servers to your favorites for easy access
- Use the VyprVPN speed graph to monitor your upload and download speeds
- Automatically connect to the fastest VyprVPN server available
- Ping test the VyprVPN servers to see the different speeds
- Ping test the VyprVPN servers to find the fastest server
- Use widgets to quickly connect or disconnect from your home screen or lock screen (1x1 Widget & 4x1 Widget)
- View your server location, throughput and IP address
- Automatic reconnect option for dropped VPN connections
Where can I download VyprVPN Desktop?
You can download VyprVPN Desktop here:http://www.giganews.com/vyprvpn/desktop/
What systems support VyprVPN Desktop?
VyprVPN Desktop is currently compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. It is also compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and greater.Download VyprVPN Desktop
What are VyprVPN Desktop Features?
VyprVPN Desktop allows you to easily manage your VyprVPN connections on Windows or Mac.
- Automatically connect to VyprVPN when accessing the Internet
- Kill Switch will automatically block all Internet and network traffic when VyprVPN disconnects or is not enabled
- Port selection will find open ports to defeat intentional port blocking or throttling
- Encrypt your web browsing, email and other apps
- Choose any VyprVPN server in North America, South America, Europe, Asia or Oceania
- Automatically connect to the fastest VyprVPN server available
- Auto-select the VyprVPN server closest to your location
- Secure your desktop on unsecured wireless networks
- Option to automatically activate VyprVPN when using an unsecured wireless network
- Option to automatically detect a lost VPN connection and prompts to reconnect
- Fast access to your recent VyprVPN server locations and VPN protocols
- Automatically updates new VyprVPN server locations
- Automatically replaces security certificates for OpenVPN and LT2P